Saturday 5 March 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
L'argent, directed by Marcel L'Herbier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 5 March 2011 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 March
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Battle of Zawiya: rebels beat back a pro-Gaddafi push into the city. (Al Arabiya)
- An eight member United Kingdom Special Air Service team and a junior diplomat are captured by Libyan rebels as a secret effort to contact the rebels backfires. (''Daily Mail'')
- ''Slumdog Millionaire'' souvenirs are destroyed after the home of actress Rubina Ali burns down in a fire in Garib Nagar near Bandra Railway Station in Mumbai. 21 people are wounded and more than 2,000 others become homeless. (BBC)
- A search of ChristChurch Cathedral, Christchurch has found no bodies from the 2011 Canterbury earthquake despite fears that there were 22 bodies buried there - the confirmed death toll is 165. (Stuff and NZPA)
- A tornado hits the town of Rayne in the US state of Louisiana resulting in one death, at least eleven injuries and 50 homes destroyed. (Fox News)
- At least 25 people are killed after a truck and a bus collide in Brazil's Santa Catarina state. (CNN)
- Six people are killed when an Antonov An-148 loses a wing in flight and crashes. (Belfast Telegraph)
- South Korea reports China's formal invitation to probable North Korean heir Kim Jong-un to visit the country, though China has not confirmed this. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi is put on trial for corruption again, one of the four trials he is involved in at the moment. (BBC)
- United States aid worker Alan Gross has been found guilty of crimes against the state of Cuba supposedly for setting up illegal Internet connections. (BBC)
- Two government ministers in Oman are replaced amid ongoing demonstrations in the country. (Reuters)
- Saudi Arabia imposes a ban on all protests, after demonstrations in the east of the country. (BBC)
- 2011 National People's Congress: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao delivers the annual Government Work Report to the National People's Congress in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, outlining the priorities for the Chinese government in the next five years. (''China Daily'')
- Phil Hogan says Fine Gael and the Labour Party have agreed a draft of a proposed Programme for Government as talks between the political parties resume at Government Buildings in Dublin following the recent general election. (RTÉ)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?