Saturday 5 May 1900
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Jewtraw and Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt.
Confounding the Art Critic, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1900 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Charles Jewtraw: United States -- 500m speed skater (1924 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt: German composer / conductor (Hassan gewinnt).
- Mervyn A: Ellison British astronomer (spectrohelioscope).
- Ivan Aivazovsky: Armenian-Russian painter and illustrator (d. 1900).
- The Billboard began weekly publication
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1900?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?