Saturday 5 May 1900
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Confounding the Art Critic, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1900 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Charles Jewtraw: United States -- 500m speed skater (1924 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt: German composer / conductor (Hassan gewinnt).
- Mervyn A: Ellison British astronomer (spectrohelioscope).
- Ivan Aivazovsky: Armenian-Russian painter and illustrator (d. 1900).
- The Billboard began weekly publication
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?