Friday 5 May 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Fatal Wedding, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1911 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Andor Lilienthal: Russian-Hungarian chess player (d. 2010).
- Pritilata Waddedar: Indian educator and activist (d. 1932).
- Gilles Grangier: French film director and screenwriter.
- Edward Devitt: St Paul various.
- Giles Grangier: film director.
- Phillip Edmund: Clinton Manson-Bahr specialist in tropical medicine.
- Frater Albertus: German alchemist, occultist, author; he founded the Paracelsus Research Society in Salt Lake City,UT. He died in 1984.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?