Wednesday 5 May 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Eagle's Nest, directed by Edwin Arden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1915 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Richard H Rovere: Jersey City -- Journalist (Goldwater Caper).
- Alice Faye: American actress and singer (d. 1998).
- Ben Wright: English-American actor (d. 1989).
- German U-20 sinks Earl of Lathom.
- WWI: The Turks begin shelling Anzac Cove from a new position behind their lines.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Song of Songs - Grace Kerns
- Love's Dream After the Ball - Venetian Trio
- There's a Little Spark of Love Still Burning - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1915?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?