Monday 5 May 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Daddy-Long-Legs, directed by Marshall A. Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1919 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Georgios Papadopoulos: Greek colonel and politician 169th Prime Minister of Greece (d. 1999).
- George London: Montreal, Quebec -- Bass-baritone (Monterone-Rigoleto).
- Tony Canadeo: Chicago, Illinois -- NFL hall of fame halfback (Green Bay Packers).
- The League of Red Cross Societies is founded in Paris.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Marion Harris
- Till We Meet Again - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?