Monday 5 May 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George London and Tony Canadeo.
Daddy-Long-Legs, directed by Marshall A. Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1919 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- George London: Montreal, Quebec -- Bass-baritone (Monterone-Rigoleto).
- Tony Canadeo: Chicago, Illinois -- NFL hall of fame halfback (Green Bay Packers).
- Georgios Papadopoulos: Greek colonel and politician 169th Prime Minister of Greece (d. 1999).
- The League of Red Cross Societies is founded in Paris.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Till We Meet Again - Prince's Orchestra
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?