Thursday 5 May 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Leonard Schawlow and Sonja Oosterman.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1921 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Arthur Leonard Schawlow: American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1999).
- Sonja Oosterman: Dutch singer (Marketensters).
- Del Martin: American author and lesbian activist, she and partner Phyllis Lyon worked and lived together for over 50 years until Martin's death in 2008.
- Arthur Schawlow: American scientist and professor of physics.
- Edward Talboom: American football player, running back, Wyoming All-American in 1950.
- Pierre Gauthier-Lafaye: Roiff? physician
- Alfred Hermann Fried: Austrian writer and pacifist, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (Born 1864).
- Alfred H Fried Austrian/German pacifist (Nobel Prize 1911): dies.
- 1st ranger for Cleveland Metroparks hired
- Miniature newspaper published (Brighton Gazette 10 x 13 cm).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- My Mammy - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Serenade - Efrem Zimbalist
- Why Worry? - Nora Bayes
- Bright Eyes - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
- Happy Six - Do You Ever Think of Me?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?