Saturday 5 May 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Drakula halála, directed by Kroly Lajthay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1923 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- James Gilbert: Scottish television producer and director.
- Richard Wollheim: English philosopher and academic (d. 2003).
- Godfrey Quigley: Actor (Barry Lyndon, Educating Rita, Rooney).
- James Arnold: American chemist and professor of chemistry, he specialized in analyzing lunar samples from the missions of Apollo XI and XII.
- Giustino Durano: Italian movie actor who is best known for his work as Eliseo Orefice in the 1997 film, "Life Is Beautiful.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Okeh Laughing Record - Okeh Laughing Record
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - Bar Harbor Society Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?