Saturday 5 May 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nora Denney and Jacques Médecin.
Steamboat Bill, Jr., directed by Chas. F. Reisner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1928 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Nora Denney: American actress (d. 2005).
- Jacques Médecin: French politician, a member of the Gaullist RPR, he served as mayor of the city of Nice from 1966 to 1990.
- Antoine Poncet: French sculptor, who took part in the 1956 Venice Biennale.
- Pierre Schoendoerffer: French film director, screenwriter, writer, war reporter, war cameraman, renowned First Indochina War veteran, and cinema academician.
- Richard Schaal: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2014).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?