Sunday 5 May 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Devil Is a Woman, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1935 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Douglas Marland: soap writer (As the World Turns), dies at age 58.
- Robert Rehme: American film producer.
- Bernard Pivot: French writer, a journalist for a dozen years writing columns that reviewed cultural events, restaurants and media productions.
- Hue Lucas: American blue collar worker, gay and AIDS patient.
- Douglas Marland in West Sand Lake: New York, USA; soap opera writer (General Hospital).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?