Wednesday 5 May 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Captains Courageous, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1937 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Delia Derbyshire: English keyboard player and composer (White Noise) (d. 2001).
- Thomas Theobald: American economist, financier and CEO of Continental Bank, a financial institution that is aiming for the niche of the middle-market customer.
- Rob Van Gennep: Publisher.
- Johnnie Taylor: American singer (d. 2000).
- Dominique Wiel: French priest, found guilty and sentenced to prison for rape then acquitted when the allegations were found to be false.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?