Wednesday 5 May 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rob Van Gennep and Johnnie Taylor.
Captains Courageous, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Sports Review.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1937 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Rob Van Gennep: Publisher.
- Johnnie Taylor: American singer (d. 2000).
- Thomas Theobald: American economist, financier and CEO of Continental Bank, a financial institution that is aiming for the niche of the middle-market customer.
- Dominique Wiel: French priest, found guilty and sentenced to prison for rape then acquitted when the allegations were found to be false.
- Delia Derbyshire: English keyboard player and composer (White Noise) (d. 2001).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?