Monday 5 May 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Citizen Kane, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1941 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Aleksandr Ragulin: USSR -- Ice hockey play (1964, 68, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Georges Casolari: .
- Stanley Cowell: American jazz musician, pianist, composer, and keyboard player.
- Alexander Ragulin: Russian ice hockey player (d. 2004).
- Howie Komives NBA star (New York Knicks: Buffalo Braves).
- Natalija Obrenovic: Queen of Serbia (Born 1859).
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Robert E Sherwood (There shall be no night)
- Emperor Haile Selassie returns to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; the country commemorates the date as Liberation Day or Patriots' Victory Day.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?