Wednesday 5 May 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ox-Bow Incident, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1943 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Nils Moritz: Estonian-Swedish actor.
- Ignacio Ramonet: Spanish journalist and author.
- Dilys Watling: English actress and singer.
- Raphael : A worldwide acclaimed Spanish singer and television, film and theater actor.
- Lyne Chardonnet: French comedienne.
- Michael Palin: British comedian, actor and writer. As a young man he was an anchorman on teenage popular programs. While attending Oxford, he met Terry Jones while he was acting and writing comedy improv. They found that they clicked together writing gags and skits, and began working as a team. They wrote and performed a humorous history series on TV, "The Complete and Utter History of Britain."
- Postmaster General Frank C Walker invents Postal Zone System.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?