Monday 5 May 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1947 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Larry Hisle: American baseball player, a right-handed outfielder who played with the Philadelphia Phillies (1968–71), Minnesota Twins (1973–77) and Milwaukee Brewers (1978–82).
- Daisuke Ban: Japanese actor.
- Robin McNamara: American singer-songwriter and actor.
- Ty LaForest: Canadian-American baseball player (d. 1947).
- Mississippi Valley flooding kills 16 and causes $850 million in damage.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?