Monday 5 May 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1952 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Campbell McComas: Australian impersonator and broadcaster (d. 2005).
- Louis Cortelezzi: rock saxophonist (Mink DeVille).
- Willem Witteveen: Dutch politician, he died in the Crash of Malaysia Airlines in Ukraine.
- Jorge Llopart: Spanish race walker.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Herman Wouk (Caine Mutiny)
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?