Tuesday 5 May 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lorraine McIntosh and Ulrich Wilson.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hello, Dolly! by Louis Armstrong.
What a Way to Go!, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Horizon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1964 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Lorraine McIntosh: British pop singer (Deacon Blue-Fellow Hoodlums).
- Ulrich Wilson: soccer player (FC Volendam).
- John Lee: Korean-born American football player.
- Jean-François Copé: French politician, the Mayor of Meaux, Deputy (Député) for the 6th constituency of Seine-et-Marne, and President of the Union for a Popular Movement (UMP) Group in the French National Assembly.
- Colin Kidd: Colin Kidd is is a historian specialising in American and Scottish history.
- Sy Scholfield: Australian astrodata collector, astrologer and scholar who writes extensively on sexuality in the horoscope, visual art, film, the media and popular culture.
- Heike Henkel: in German Federal Republic; world record indoor high jumper (1992).
- Don Payne: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2013)
- Minami Takayama: Japanese voice actress and singer
- Separatists riot in QuTbec, Canada.
- The Council of Europe declares May 5 as Europe Day.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Danny Williams - White On White
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?