Friday 5 May 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Baxter and Charles Nagy in Fairfield.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK Puppet On A String by Sandie Shaw was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kommissar Brahm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1967 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Brad Baxter: NFL fullback (New York Jets).
- Charles Nagy in Fairfield: Connecticut, USA; pitcher (Cleveland Indians).
- Maro Mavri: Greek fashion-model and actress.
- Antony Santos: Guitarist.
- Levent Kazak: Turkish actor and screenwriter.
- Takehito Koyasu: Japanese voice actor and singer
- Charles Nagy: American baseball player and coach
- Alexis Sinduhije: Burundian journalist and politician
- Bill Ward: English actor
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
- The Spencer Davis Group - I'm A Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?