Friday 5 May 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Snook and Rushia Brown.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1972 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Ron Snook: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Rushia Brown: WNBA forward / center (Cleveland rockers).
- Travis Jervey: NFL running back (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Wendy Kaye: Memphis, Tennessee -- Playmate (Jul, 1991).
- Devin Townsend: Canadian musician (Strapping Young Lad).
- Barrett Brooks: NFL tackle (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Brigitta Boccoli in Milan: Italy; actress (Manhattan Baby).
- Janelle Lynn: Canady; Miss Alaska USA (1996).
- Mikael Renberg in Pitea: Sweden; NHL right wing (Philadelphia Flyers, Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Zigmund Palffy in Skalica: Czechoslovakia; NHL right wing (New York Islanders).
- Brad Bombardir: Canadian ice-hockey player
- James Cracknell: English rower
- Rev Gary David: Vocalist, dies at 76.
- Alitalia Flight 112 crashes into Mount Longa near Palermo, Sicily, killing all 115 aboard, making it the deadliest single-aircraft disaster in Italy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- America - A Horse With No Name
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?