Sunday 5 May 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to We Are The World by USA for Africa.
In UK Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears was in the top 5 hits.
Girls Just Want to Have Fun, directed by Alan Metter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Thinner by Richard Bachman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1985 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Shoko Nakagawa: Japanese actress, illustrator and singer.
- Emanuele Giaccherini: Italian footballer.
- Tsepo Masilela: South African footballer.
- Marcos Duarte: Brazilian footballer.
- Terrence Wheatley: American football player.
- Hillary Flora: American mystical child called "the Albuquerque Powerhouse." A bright, normal and appealing child, she is able to focus on herself to become so heavy that no person or crew can lift or move her. She can also prevent a strong man from rising with one finger restraining him. Her strange talent was discovered in June 1990 when she was just five years old. At a psychic convention in Scottsdale, it was found that she could channel energy away from others and from her environment for high energy and p
- Marcos Rogerio: Brazilian footballer
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan joins German Chancellor Helmut Kohl for a controversial funeral service at a cemetery in Bitburg, Germany, which includes the graves of 59 elite S.S. troops from World War II.
- The FBI brings charges against the suspected heads of the five Mafia families in New York City.
- Fire engulfs a wooden stand at the Valley Parade stadium in Bradford, England, during a football match, killing 56.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Animotion - Obsession
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- Commodores - Nightshift
- Don Henley - All She Wants To Do Is Dance
- Sade - Smooth Operator
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?