Friday 5 November 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geneviève De Gaulle-Anthonioz and Tommy Godwin.
L'innamorata, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1920!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1920 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Geneviève De Gaulle-Anthonioz: French member of the Resistance, President of ATD Quart Monde, she entered the French Pantheon on 27 May 2015.
- Tommy Godwin: American-English cyclist and coach (d. 2012).
- Douglass North: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2015).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Whispering - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I'm in Heaven When I'm in My Mother's Arms - William Robyn
- A Young Man's Fancy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?