Thursday 5 November 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Ottina and Ike Turner.
The Champ, directed by Wallace Beery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1931!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1931 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- John Ottina: American business executive and civil servant, he was the 20th United States Commissioner of Education and Assistant Secretary of Administration and Management in the US Department of Health, Education and Welfare.
- Ike Turner: American musician known with his group as Ike and the Kings of Rhythm.
- Clarissa Sypniewski: Germany Actor.
- Gilbert Cotteau: Busigny EXecutives.
- Leonard Herzenberg: American immunologist geneticist and academic (d. 2013).
- Gil Hill: American actor police officer and politician
- Harold McNair: Jamaican-English saxophonist and flute player (d. 1971)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?