Friday 5 November 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chan Sek Keong and Dusty Bunker.
The Last Gangster, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Intimate Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1937!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1937 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Chan Sek Keong: Singaporian jurist.
- Dusty Bunker: American astrologer, numerologist and author of several books on numerology, astrology, dream cycles and a series of mystery novels.
- Harris Yulin: American actor and leading man in the ’70s, with noted films including his debut performance, "End of the Road," 1970, "Doc," 1971, and "Nightmoves," 1975.
- Chan Keong: Singaporean lawyer judge and politician 3rd Chief Justice of Singapore.
- Hitler informs his military leader of his intentions of going to war
- The Disney Silly Symphony film The Old Mill is released to theaters in the USA. This is the first animated film using a multiplane camera. The camera alone cost US$70,000 to build, and stands 14 feet high.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?