Tuesday 5 November 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Jean-Jacques Duby: French science and technology company executive.
- Ted Kulongoski: American soldier lawyer and politician 36th Governor of Oregon.
- Elke Sommer: German actress and singer.
- Dutch submarine departs Dundee
- Walter Johnson, won 416 games for Washingston Senators, loses Maryland congressional race (R)
- President Franklin Roosevelt (Democrat) wins unprecedented third term beating Wendell Willkie (Republican).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?