Wednesday 5 November 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patricia Harty in Washington DC and Art Garfunkel.
Shadow of the Thin Man, directed by Maj. W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1941!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1941 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Patricia Harty in Washington DC: USA; actress (Occasional Wife, Blondie).
- Art Garfunkel: American musician and actor.
- Rudy Schlesinger: American baseball player, a right-handed pinch hitter who played one game with the Boston Red Sox on 4 May 1965.
- Yoshiyuki Tomino: Japanese animator director and screenwriter.
- Arndt Pekurinen: Finnish pacifist (Born 1905).
- Japanese marine staff officiers Suzuki / Maejima leave Pearl Harbor
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?