Thursday 5 November 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Art Garfunkel in New York City and Richie Scheinblum in Bronx.
Road to Morocco, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1942 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Art Garfunkel in New York City: USA; singer/actor ("Sounds of Silence", "Carnal Knowledge").
- Richie Scheinblum in Bronx: New York, USA; outfielder for the Kansas City Royals (Sporting News All Star Right fielder 1972 American League).
- Pierangelo Bertoli: Italian singer-songwriter (Born 1942).
- George M Cohan: Composer, dies at 64.
- Nazi raid on Greek Jews in Paris
- The Second Battle of El Alamein is won by the British in El Alamein, Egypt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dearly Beloved - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- When The Lights Go On Again (All Over The World) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?