Sunday 5 November 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
King Solomon's Mines, directed by Compton Bennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1950 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Debbie Massey: Grosse Pointe, Michigan -- LPGA golfer (1979 Wheeling Classic).
- Thorbjørn Jagland: Norwegian politician 25th Prime Minister of Norway.
- James Kennedy: American psychologist and author.
- Thorbj?rn Jagland: Norwegian statesman.
- Jacobus J E Hondius: Dutch classicist / graphic artist, dies at 53.
- Philippines President Quirino ends emergency crisis
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- To Think You've Chosen Me - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- One Finger Melody - Frank Sinatra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 November 1950 and get them!