Wednesday 5 November 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Oleg Blokhin and Bill Walton.
Kansas City Confidential, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Jeweler's Showcase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1952!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1952 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Oleg Blokhin: Ukrainian footballer.
- Bill Walton: American basketball center who paced the UCLA Bruins, at the time called "Walton's Gang," to NCAA Crowns in 1972 and 1973.
- William Walton: English composer (Born 1902).
- Oleh Blokhin: Ukrainian footballer and manager.
- Vandana Shiva: Indian philosopher and author.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?