Saturday 5 November 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvester Louis Adams and Kris Jenner.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
I Died a Thousand Times, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1955 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Sylvester Louis Adams: Murderer.
- Kris Jenner: American television personality who rose to fame for starring in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians together with her family.
- Jay Walker: Entrepreneur.
- Bernard Chazelle: French computer scientist and academic.
- Nestor Serrano: American actor.
- Karan Thapar: Indian journalist and political analyst
- Maurice Utrillo: French artist who, as an instinctive painter, worked from nature, memory and even post cards, without theory.
- Montreal Canadien Jean Beliveau scores 2nd fastest hat trick (44 seconds)
- New Vienna Opera house opens (Austria)
- Racial segregation is outlawed on trains and buses in Interstate Commerce in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?