Monday 5 November 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Score and Rob Fisher.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Friendly Persuasion, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Air Power.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1956 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Mike Score: Liverpool, England -- Rock guitarist (Flock Of Seagulls).
- Rob Fisher: Bath, England -- Rock keyboardist (Naked Eyes).
- John Harwood: American journalist.
- Lavrentis Machairitsas: Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Art Tatum: American jazz piano soloist who studied piano, guitar, violin and accordion.
- Dutch Communist Party office of Felix Meritis seized
- Israel liberates Sharm-el-Sheikh, reopening Gulf of Aqaba
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Datis nuperrime
- Britain and France land forces in Egypt.
- Art Tatum, black pianist, dies at age 46 in Los Angeles, California, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?