Tuesday 5 November 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrea McArdle in Philadelphia and Hans Gilhaus.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1963 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Andrea McArdle in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Annie).
- Hans Gilhaus: Soccer player (Vitesse).
- Tatum O'Neal in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Paper Moon, Little Darlings).
- Éric Beaumard: French award winning sommelier, who is the manager of the Four Seasons Le Cinq restaurant is Paris, France.
- Eric Charrier: French diver who committed suicide by hanging himself on 6 January 1999.
- Yair Lapid: Israeli politician. He is the chairman of the Yesh Atid Party. He served as the Israeli Minister of Finance between 2013 and 2014. Prior to his entry into politics in 2012, he was a journalist, author, TV presenter and news anchor. The Yesh Atid Party, which he founded, became the second largest party in the Knesset by winning 19 seats in its first election in 2013. The greater than anticipated results contributed to Lapid's reputation as a leading moderate.
- Tatum O'Neal: American child star of the '70s who won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 1973 for her performance as a smoking, smart-mouthed 9-year-old con-artist in "Paper Moon," in which she co-starred with her father. She was the youngest person ever to receive the award. She went on to make "Bad News Bears," 1976, and "Little Darlings," 1979.
- Hans Gillhaus: Dutch footballer and scout
- Andrea McArdle: American actress and singer
- Brian Wheat: American bass player and songwriter (Tesla)
- Jean-Pierre Papin: French footballer and manager
- US VP Lyndon B Johnson visits Netherlands
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
- Skeeter Davis - I Can't Stay Mad At You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?