Sunday 5 November 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Pollack and Grant Leury.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations was in the top 5 hits.
Cool Hand Luke, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Titel, Thesen, Temperamente.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1967!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1967 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Frank Pollack: NFL tackle (SF 49ers).
- Grant Leury: Melbourne, Victoria -- Canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Percy Snow: WLAF linebacker (Rhein Fire).
- Steve Wagner: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Field hockey goalkeeper (1996 Olympics).
- Nick Bateman: Reality Star.
- Clifford Ann Creed wins LPGA Corpus Christi Civitan Golf Open
- US troops conquer Loc Ninh South Vietnam
- Yemen President Sallal flees
- New Orleans Saints' first NFL victory, beat Philadelphia Eagles 31-24.
- ATS-3 launched by US to take first pictures of full Earth disk.
- The Hither Green rail crash in the United Kingdom kills 49 people. Survivors include Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
- The Association - Never My Love
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Aretha Franklin - A Natural Woman (You Make Me Feel Like)
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Bobby Vinton - Please Love Me Forever
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?