Tuesday 5 November 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cary Blanchard and Chris Gray.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Hugo Montenegro was in the top 5 hits.
Head, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alles dreht sich um Michael.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1968 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Cary Blanchard: NFL kicker (Indianapolis Colts).
- Chris Gray: Perth, Washington -- Australasia golfer.
- Malcolm Frank: CFL cornerback (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Aitana Sanchez-Gijon: Spanish actress.
- Sam Rockwell: American film actor.
- Seth Gilliam: TV Actor
- Rene Lavan: TV Actor
- Ricardo Fort: Argentinian actor director and businessman (d. 2013)
- Derrick Lee: American serial killer (d. 2016)
- Aitana Sánchez-Gijón: Italian-Spanish actress
- 1st AL pitcher to win MVP, Denny McLain (wins unanimously)
- Nixon (R) beats VP Humphrey (D) and George C Wallace for presidency
- Richard Nixon (Republican) beats Vice President Hubert Humphrey (Democrat) and George C Wallace for US Presidency.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- Cream - White Room
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- The Turtles - Elenore
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?