Thursday 5 November 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ryan Wetnight and Javy Lopez.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
Ryan's Daughter, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kleiner König Kalle Wirsch.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1970!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1970 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Ryan Wetnight: NFL tight end (Chicago Bears).
- Javy Lopez: baseball player.
- Glen Dishman: American pro baseball pitcher who signed as a non-drafted free agent with the San Diego Padres 6/10/1993.
- Javier Lopez: Puerto Rican-American baseball player: catcher, Braves.
- Javy López: Puerto Rican baseball player.
- Tamzin Outhwaite: English actress
- Vietnam War: The United States Military Assistance Command in Vietnam reports the lowest weekly American soldier death toll in five years (24).
- Egypt, Libya and Sudan announce their intentions to form a federation.
- Tom Dempsey, who was born with a deformed right foot and right hand, set a National Football League record by kicking a 63-yard field goal to lift the New Orleans Saints to a 19-17 victory over the Detroit Lions at Tulane Stadium.
- The Soviet Union launches ''Luna 17''.
- Vietnam War: The Supreme Court of the United States votes 6–3 not to hear a case by the state of Massachusetts, about the constitutionality of a state law granting Massachusetts residents the right to refuse military service in an undeclared war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?