Sunday 5 November 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
1776, directed by Peter H. Hunt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1972 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Tracy Greene: NFL tight end (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Petra Loreggian: Italian television host and radio presenter.
- Alison Sheppard: Scottish sports champion in 50m freestyle swimming.
- Reginald Owen: Actor (Above Suspicion, Love on the Run), dies at 85.
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Lady Errol Golf Classic
- A group of Amerindians occupies the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- Danny O'Keefe - Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
- Michael Jackson - Ben
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?