Wednesday 5 November 1975
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Island Girl by Elton John.
In UK Hold Me Close by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Rooster Cogburn, directed by Stuart Millar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1975!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1975 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Lisa Scott-Lee: British rock-star in the manufactured group STEPS.
- British government sends troops to Belize
- Sao Tome and Principe adopts constitution
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Island Girl
- Eagles - Lyin' Eyes
- John Denver - Calypso
- The Four Seasons - Who Loves You
- Jefferson Starship - Miracles
- Linda Ronstadt - Heat Wave
- Spinners - They Just Can't Stop It (Games People Play)
- Natalie Cole - This Will Be
- Morris Albert - Feelings
- Captain and Tennille - The Way I Want To Touch You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?