Sunday 5 November 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 5 November 2006 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 November
- Bulent Ecevit: Turkish politician (Born 1925).
- Saddam Hussein, former president of Iraq, and his co-defendants Barzan Ibrahim al-Tikriti and Awad Hamed al-Bandar are sentenced to death in the al-Dujail trial for the role in the massacre of the 148 Shi'as in 1982.
- Former President of Iraq Saddam Hussein is sentenced to death by hanging by the Iraqi Special Tribunal.ref name=quotap burialquot
- Operation Autumn Clouds: Israel Defense Forces troops kill two Palestinians in a northern Gaza Strip operation. (Haaretz)
- Trial of Saddam Hussein
- Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is convicted of crimes against humanity by a Baghdad court and sentenced to death by hanging. Two senior Ba'ath party officials from Hussein's regime are also sentenced to death, one is jailed for life, three are jailed for 15 years, while a seventh is acquitted. (RTÉ News)
- Nicaraguans go to the polls to elect a new President and National Assembly, with the presidential race led by Sandinista Daniel Ortega and conservative Eduardo Montealegre. (BBC News)
- The Prime Minister of Australia, John Howard, calls State Premiers to a crisis meeting to discuss the current drought and problems in the Murray-Darling Basin. (ABC Australia)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?