Wednesday 5 November 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Um Mundo Catita.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ARCA Sim Racing '08 or Bomberman Online Japan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 5 November 2008 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 November
- Best-selling author Michael Crichton (The Andromeda Strain, Jurassic Park, TV show ER) dies in Los Angeles at age 66 from cancer.
- California Proposition 8, a referendum that amended the State Constitution, passes and defines marriage as being between a man and a woman, thus ending same-sex marriage in California. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- In a continuation of the Kivu conflict, General Nkunda's forces capture Kiwanja, near Rutshuru in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, after a two-day battle with the pro-government militias. (BBC News)
- India's Gagan Narang wins a gold medal in the men's 10 metre air rifle event at the 2008 ISSF World Cup Final, breaking the world record. (IBNLive.com)
- In his State of the Nation address, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev announces a proposal to extend the presidential term from four years to six. (''The New York Times'')
- President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev announces that his country will place short-range conventional warhead missiles in Kaliningrad in order to counter United States missile defense facilities in Poland and the Czech Republic, however, he expressed hope that Russia–United States relations would be mended with the presidency of Barack Obama. (CBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?