Friday 5 November 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
The Next Three Days, directed by Paul Haggis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lost Hero: The Heroes of Olympus, Book One by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 5 November 2010 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 November
- A suicide bomber kills at least 50 people and injures around 90 in a mosque near Darra Adam Khel region, 30 kilometers from Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. (''Dawn'')
- Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula claims responsibility for the cargo plane bomb plot of October 29, 2010 and a September UPS plane crash in Dubai. (Reuters)
- In the United Kingdom, members of the National Union of Journalists at the BBC begin a 48 hour strike in a dispute over proposed changes to the Corporation's pension scheme. BBC News operates a reduced service. (The Guardian)
- MSNBC suspends U.S. television pundit Keith Olbermann indefinitely for making political donations to three Democratic Party candidates. (AP)
- Thomas Hoenig, a member of the Federal Reserve Board, gives some indication of the split within that body in a speech to the National Association of Realtors. Though the Fed announced a new round of quantitative easing on Wednesday, Hoenig said that the Fed risks inflation and another boom-bust. (Bloomberg)
- The death toll from the Mount Merapi eruption in Indonesia rises to 122 as at least 78 bodies were removed from homes and streets blanketed by ash up to 30-centimeters deep. (The Jakarta Globe)
- An Aero Caribbean passenger plane crashes in the central Cuban province of Sancti Spíritus, killing all 68 on board. (CNN)
- A small plane carrying 21 people crashes near Karachi Airport in Pakistan. (''Times of India'')
- 12 people are dead after a 41-vehicle traffic accident on an expressway in East China's Jiangxi province. (''Shanghai Daily'')
- Georgian police arrest 13 people allegedly belonging to a Russian spy network. (France 24)
- Greece resumes shipping mail and packages overseas following a 48-hour suspension imposed following a spate of parcel bombs sent to embassies in Athens and to European Union leaders. (Reuters)
- The Government of Norway demands an explanation from the US Government on reports that the US embassy in Oslo conducted illegal surveillance on Norwegian citizens for more than ten years. (Reuters)
- A Peruvian judge orders that United States born militant Lori Berenson be released from prison in Lima. (AP via ''The News Tribune'')
- Violent protests occur in Oakland, California following Johannes Mehserle receiving two years jail for the shooting of Oscar Grant on the Bay Area Rapid Transit system with Oakland police chief Anthony Batts expecting to make 150 arrests. (CNN)
- Protests against the visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Spain take place. (euronews)
- A protest by French anti-nuclear organisation GANVA blocks a train carrying nuclear waste near Caen in northwestern France. (CNN)
- The President of Tanzania Jakaya Kikwete is reelected to a second term despite allegations of vote-rigging. (ABC News Australia)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?