Saturday 5 November 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 5 November 2011 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 November
- The Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram claims responsibility for a series of bomb and gun attacks in the north-eastern Nigerian town of Damaturu that have killed at least 63 people. (BBC)
- Canadian Freedom Waves to Gaza organizers say activists on the Canadian ship ''Tahrir'' that, along with the Irish MV ''Saoirse'', who were headed to the Gaza Strip, were intercepted by Israeli troops. The activists refused to voluntarily leave the ship Israel says no one was hurt. (Ynetnews.com)
- Rescuers pull a further 45 trapped coal miners to the surface in Sanmenxia in the People's Republic of China, with eight miners reportedly having died. (BBC)
- Residents of El Hierro in Spain's Canary Islands are evacuated following continuing volcanic activity. (AP via Fox News)
- A Pakistan anti-terror court indicts two police officers and five alleged members of the Taliban for the murder of former Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto. (''Dawn'')
- South Belfast MP Alasdair McDonnell is elected leader of Northern Ireland's Social Democratic and Labour Party, replacing Margaret Ritchie who stepped down in September. (BBC)
- Al-Sadd wins the 2011 AFC Champions League beating Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors 2-2 (4-2 in penalties) in the 2011 AFC Champions League Final. (AFC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?