Thursday 5 October 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Flann O'Brien and Daniel Pézeril.
A Tale of the Australian Bush, directed by Gaston Mervale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1911 ?
- Flann O'Brien: Irish humorist (d. 1966).
- Daniel Pézeril: French Roman Catholic auxiliary bishop of Paris in the time of Cardinal François Marty.
- Pierre Dansereau: Canadian ecologist and academic (d. 2011).
- Brian O'Nolan: Irish author and playwright (d. 1966).
- Charles-Theodore Malherbe: Composer, dies at 58.
- Italian troops occupy Tripoli
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Naughty Marietta Selection - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- For Every Boy Who's Lonely, There's a Girl Who's Lonely - Lyric Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?