Friday 5 October 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stig H Dagerman and Albert Gu?mundsson.
The Spanish Dancer, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1923 ?
- Stig H Dagerman: Swedish writer (Burned Child).
- Albert Gu?mundsson: Icelandic footballer (d. 1994).
- Philip Berrigan: American former Roman Catholic priest and antiwar activist.
- Yves Cros: British field and track star and Olympic champion runner of the 400 m. hurdles at London in1948.
- Stig Dagerman: Swedish journalist and author (d. 1954).
- Albert Guðmundsson: Icelandic footballer and politician (d. 1994)
- Glynis Johns: Pretoria, South Africa -- Actress (Mary Poppins)
- Kailashpati Mishra: Indian lawyer and politician 18th Governor of Gujarat (d. 2012)
- Edwin Hubble identifies Cepheid variable star.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 October 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Old Gang of Mine - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- Indiana Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Cried for You - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- When You Walked Out, Someone Else Walked Right In - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?