Friday 5 October 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Spanish Dancer, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1923 ?
- Albert Gu?mundsson: Icelandic footballer (d. 1994).
- Stig H Dagerman: Swedish writer (Burned Child).
- Yves Cros: British field and track star and Olympic champion runner of the 400 m. hurdles at London in1948.
- Stig Dagerman: Swedish journalist and author (d. 1954).
- Albert Guðmundsson: Icelandic footballer and politician (d. 1994).
- Glynis Johns: Pretoria, South Africa -- Actress (Mary Poppins)
- Kailashpati Mishra: Indian lawyer and politician 18th Governor of Gujarat (d. 2012)
- Philip Berrigan: American former Roman Catholic priest and antiwar activist. He, his brother Daniel and others were charged with a plot to kidnap Secretary of State Kissinger and blow up the Washington DC tunnels in 1971; a mistrial was declared in 4/1972. He has one of the founding members of Jonah House in Baltimore, MD, 1973.
- Edwin Hubble identifies Cepheid variable star.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Old Gang of Mine - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- Indiana Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Cried for You - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- When You Walked Out, Someone Else Walked Right In - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?