Friday 5 October 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stig H Dagerman and Albert Gu?mundsson.
The Spanish Dancer, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1923 ?
- Stig H Dagerman: Swedish writer (Burned Child).
- Albert Gu?mundsson: Icelandic footballer (d. 1994).
- Philip Berrigan: American former Roman Catholic priest and antiwar activist.
- Yves Cros: British field and track star and Olympic champion runner of the 400 m. hurdles at London in1948.
- Stig Dagerman: Swedish journalist and author (d. 1954).
- Albert Guðmundsson: Icelandic footballer and politician (d. 1994)
- Glynis Johns: Pretoria, South Africa -- Actress (Mary Poppins)
- Kailashpati Mishra: Indian lawyer and politician 18th Governor of Gujarat (d. 2012)
- Edwin Hubble identifies Cepheid variable star.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Old Gang of Mine - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- Indiana Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Cried for You - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- When You Walked Out, Someone Else Walked Right In - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?