Sunday 5 October 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Helen's Babies, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1924 ?
- Bill Dana in Quincy: Massachusetts, USA; comedian/actor (Jose Jimenez).
- Hilde Nocker: German television presenter and moderator.
- Bill Dana: Quincy, Massachusetts -- Comedian / actor (Jose Jimenez).
- José Donoso: Chilean author (d. 1996).
- Barbara Kelly: Canadian actress and screenwriter (d. 2007).
- Charles Hall: Honolulu Military man
- Frederic Morton: Austrian-American banker journalist and author (d. 2015)
- Bob Thaves: American cartoonist Frank and Ernest (comic strip) (d. 2006)
- Jose Donoso: Chilean writer (d. 1996)
- Joseph Vezina: Composer, dies at 75.
- 1st Little Orphan Annie-strip appears in NYC Daily News
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Hard-Hearted Hannah - Dolly Kay
- There'll Be Some Changes Made - Marion Harris
- Whistling the Blues Away - Wendell Hall & Carson Robison
- Bringin' Home the Bacon - Blossom Seeley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?