Sunday 5 October 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Sinners' Holiday, directed by John G. Adolfi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1930 ?
- Anne Haddy: Australian actress, star of the soap "Neighbors," from 1985.
- Pavel Romanovich Popovich: Ukraine -- Cosmonaut (Vostok IV, Soyuz 14).
- Skip Homeier in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Beachhead, Dakota Incident).
- Pavel Popovich: Ukrainian general pilot and astronaut (d. 2009).
- Reinhard Selten: German economist and mathematician Nobel Prize laureate.
- Harry Curtis: American costume and stage designer. An actor in New York in 1955, he worked as an assistant stage designer through the '60s on scores of shows, including "Fiddler on the Roof," "Annie Get Your Gun" and "The Boy Friend." He had a peak year in 1974 designing for a TV soap and a series of commercials in Paris. Curtis moved to Hollywood in November 1978 as a costume designer for TV and films. He died of a heart attack on August 6, 1989 in West Hollywood, CA, age 58
- Christopher Birdwood Thomson: 1st Baron Thomson, British military officer (Born 1875).
- British Airship R101 crashes in France en-route to India on its maiden voyage.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 October 1930 and get them!