Thursday 5 October 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1950 ?
- Jeff Conway in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Bobby - Taxi).
- Edward P Jones: American writer.
- David Conn: American attorney, the lead prosecutor of both Menendez boys, Eric and Lyle, who were tried together at their second trial, 1995.
- Jeff Conaway: American actor from age ten in the Broadway production of "All the Way Home.
- Eddie Clarke: English guitarist (Motörhead and Fastway).
- Mari Henmi: Japanese singer and actress
- Edward Jones: American author and academic
- James Rizzi: American painter and illustrator (d. 2011)
- Frederic Lewy: German neurologist (Born 1885).
- Pardon Our French opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 100 performances
- The Indonesian government quells riots in the Moluccas.
- The 1950-1951 invasion of Tibet by People's Republic of China begins.
- The Agate Pass Bridge opens for traffic in Washington State.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harbor Lights - Ray Anthony
- Orange Colored Sky - King Cole Trio (Stan Kenton & His Orchestra)
- Perry Como - Patricia
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?