Friday 5 October 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Love Nest, directed by Joseph Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1951 ?
- Bob Geldof: Irish punk rock musician, lead vocalist and songwriter of "Boomtown Rats" and activist.
- Karen Allen in Illinois: USA; actress (Cruising, Starman, Wanderers).
- Karen Allen: American actress, a skinny, wide-eyed, raspy-voiced brunette leading lady of the stage, TV and films.
- Leah Poulis Mueller: Berwyn, Illinois -- Speed skater (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Sam Younger: English civil servant.
- Dave Pallone: American National League umpire for ten years. Now openly gay, he wrote a best-selling autobiography, "Behind the Mask: My Double Life in Baseball," 1990.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?