Monday 5 October 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1953 ?
- James E Lascelles: Grandson of English Princess Mary.
- John Stachniewski: Scholar / teacher.
- Russell Mael [Dwight Russel Day]: California, United States -- Rock vocalist (Sparks).
- Sandra "Puma" Jones: Kingston, Jamaica -- Rocker (Black Uhuru).
- Philip Hampton: English-Scottish accountant and businessman.
- Friedrich Wolf: German critic who founded the science of philology.
- The first documented recovery meeting of Narcotics Anonymous is held.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Velvet Glove - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra (Henri Rene - accordion)
- Stan Freberg - St. George and the Dragonet
- Ricochet (Rick-O-Shay) - Teresa Brewer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?