Saturday 5 October 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Honestly Love You by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
A Woman Under the Influence, directed by John Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1974 ?
- Rich Franklin: American mixed martial artist and actor.
- Heather Headley: Trinidadian-American singer-songwriter producer and actress.
- Colin Meloy: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Decemberists Tarkio and Happy Cactus).
- Anousjka van Exel: Dutch tennis player.
- Alex Walkinshaw: English actor.
- Douglas Emerson in Glendale: California, USA; actor (Robbie - Herbie The Love Bug).
- Guildford pub bombings: bombs planted by the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) kill four British soldiers and one civilian.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- First Class - Beach Baby
- The Guess Who - Clap For The Wolfman
- Cat Stevens - Another Saturday Night
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Johnny Bristol - Hang On In There Baby
- Cheech & Chong - Earache My Eye
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 October 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?