Sunday 5 October 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Craig Benzine and Mike Matei.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Another One Bites The Dust by Queen.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, God! Book II, directed by Gilbert Cates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Firestarter by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ekkusu bonbâ.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sea Duel or Warlords.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1980!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1980 ?
- Craig Benzine: YouTube Star.
- Mike Matei: YouTube Star.
- Paul Thomas: American bass player (Good Charlotte).
- James Toseland: English motorcycle racer.
- Formal opening of meditation hall of Zenshin Temple in Riverdale Bronx
- Kathy Whitworth / Donna Caponi Young win Portland Ping Team Golf Champ
- Yanks set AL attendance mark at 2,627,417
- El Asnam, Algeria is destroyed by an earthquake, which claims more than 2,600 lives. After the quake, El Asnam is rebuilt and changes its name to the city of Chlef.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?