Friday 5 October 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shimmy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bazooka Cafe or Bratz: The Movie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 5 October 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 October
- Merrill Lynch announces it would write off about US$5 billion in investments for the quarter, its largest trading loss ever.
- Two bomb blasts in Kidapawan City, on Mindanao in the Philippines, the explosion killed a child and injured 36 people. (Radio Australia)
- Topps Meat Company announces that it is going out of business as a result of recalling 21.7 million pounds of beef in the United States linked to 30 cases of E. coli-related illness. (Reuters)
- Canada stops the sale of Novartis anti-inflammatory drug Prexige and cancels its authorisation due to the risk of liver-related effects such as hepatitis. (Reuters via Wall Street Journal)
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests:
- Burmese security forces claim that they are looking for four of the monks that led the protests. (AP via CNN)
- United Nations envoy Ibrahim Gambari briefs the Security Council on the situation in an open session. (CNN)
- War in Iraq: United States forces kill at least 25 members of a Shiite militia in a firefight. (AP via Topix)
- Marion Jones admits using banned substances during her athletic career and risks being stripped of her five Olympic medals. (AFP via ABC News Online)
- Saudi Arabia announces that it will overhaul its judicial system including the creation of a supreme court, an appeals court and new general courts to replace the Supreme Judicial Council. (BBC)
- Elections for a Nepalese Constituent Assembly are delayed as the Seven Party Alliance of ruling parties and the former Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist) rebels fail to break a deadlock over the republic issue and the voting system to be used. (BBC)
- SELENE, Japan's lunar probe, successfully achieves an orbit around the moon. (AP via NYT)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?