Monday 5 October 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Couples Retreat, directed by Peter Billingsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 5 October 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 October
- Mike Alexander: English bassist (Evile) (Born 1977).
- The United States Federal Trade Commission issues regulations for writers of blogs. (Wired Magazine)
- The 2009 Nobel Prize in Medicine goes to Elizabeth H. Blackburn, Carol W. Greider, and Jack W. Szostak, ampquotfor the discovery of how chromosomes are protected by telomeres and the enzyme telomeraseampquot. (Nobel Foundation)
- An early morning passenger train bound for Bangkok derails in Hua Hin, killing at least seven people and injuring dozens more. (BBC)
- Samoans cram into churches and community halls to remember friends and relatives killed in a recent tsunami. (BBC)
- The Canadian province of Quebec is planning a lawsuit against tobacco companies to seek damages for healthcare costs. (Reuters)
- Five people are killed in a suicide bomb attack at a United Nations World Food Programme office in Islamabad, Pakistan. (''The New York Times'')
- Honduran interim President Roberto Micheletti lifts a decree restricting civil liberties. (Xinhua)
- United States President Barack Obama delays a meeting with the Dalai Lama until after a visit to China. (''The Times'')
- The Deputy Chief Executive of France Télécom, Louis-Pierre Wene, resigns over a series of suicides at the company. (CNN)
- Airline pilots in Europe stage demonstrations in several cities against working hours. (CNN)
- China pledges to strengthen bonds with isolated North Korea, nudging it to improve its economy. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 October 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?