Tuesday 5 October 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Island.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alan Wake or Dead Space Ignition.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 5 October 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 October
- Mary Leona Gage: American beauty pageant winner and actress (Born 1939).
- Bernard Clavel: French radio/tv writer, pacifist, artist, painter, critic, wrote numerous plays for radio & tv; contributes to reviews on arts & pacifist journals, married once, three children.
- Steve Lee: Swiss musician and vocalist (Gotthard) (Born 1963).
- Afghan militant attacks kill 4 civilians, wound 6 in southwestern Farah province's Rusht Rod district. (''Poten'' via Associated Press)
- At least 3 people are killed and 9 others receive wounds during a bomb explosion at an apartment complex in the suburbs of Bangkok. (ABC Online)
- A linkmen working for the banned ULFA is killed, while 2 other cadres reportedly escape with their lives in an encounter in Meghalaya's West Garo Hills district. (PTI)
- A car bomb explodes beside a shopping centre in Derry, Northern Ireland. (BBC)
- A state of emergency in place in Ecuador after the 2010 Ecuador crisis is extended to Friday. (CNN)
- TVNZ ''Breakfast'' race row:
- Protesters rally outside TVNZ's central Auckland office to call for the broadcaster's scalp. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- Google lines up Internet TV programming partners like TBS, TNT, CNN, HBO, NBA, CNBC. (''Shanghai Daily'')
- Researchers identify a new, though threatened, language known as Koro. (BBC)
- The Bank of Japan lowers interest rates in Japan to a range of between 0 and 0.1%. (''The New York Times'')
- Mexico issues its first ever 100-year bond, raising US$1 billion in a day. (Reuters)
- A state of emergency is declared after three people are killed and 120 injured by chemical sludge from an alumina plant flooded out of a burst dam in western Hungary. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The United Nations states that at least 400 children have already died in the Zamfara State lead poisoning epidemic, double the amount that had been previously reported the incident is described as ampquotfar from overampquot. (Reuters via News24)
- At least seven people die after a Cessna 402 crashes in the Bahamas. (Reuters via Yahoo)
- President of Indonesia Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono cancels a state visit to the Netherlands in protest of a possible court arrest. (BBC)
- Former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf tells ''Der Spiegel'' that a blind eye was turned to militant groups fighting in Kashmir. (''The Asian Age'')
- President of the United States Barack Obama announces plans via Secretary of Energy Steven Chu that additional solar panels will be installed at the White House, while the founder of Sungevity plans to install solar panels at the private official residence of President of the Maldives Mohamed Nasheed for the ampquotGlobal Work Partyampquot event planned by 350. (''Asian Tribune'')
- 1976 Nobel Peace Prize laureate Mairead Maguire is deported by Israel ending her joint effort with other Nobel laureates to meet Israeli and Palestinian peace activists. (''Hindustan Times'')
- A London court is told that a Saudi prince sexually murdered his servant. (BBC)
- Faisal Shahzad, the failed Times Square bomber, is sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole by a court in New York. (Sky News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?